Advantage GPO is a private buying consortium established to deliver savings on raw materials, components, supplies and services. Combining the purchasing power of industrial manufacturers, Advantage GPO uses its group leverage to negotiate volume rebates and discounts with an exclusive group of world-class, endorsed suppliers.
- Membership in Advantage GPO is not restricted to AHMA members, but AHMA members receive privileged pricing.
- As an Advantage GPO member, take advantage of leveraging your purchasing power with the power of more than 550 manufacturers.
- Advantage GPO’s size ranks us as a “top 5” customer for many of the suppliers in the program.
- Suppliers are nominated by members / users, audited during due diligence phase, and approved by a member / user committee.
- Suppliers are subject to ongoing annual audits and evaluation.
- Peer-to-peer networking opportunities are offered at semi-annual conferences.
- Advantage GPO is powered by Prime Advantage, a leading buying consortium for small and mid-sized manufacturers.
Knowledge is Power
AHMA members are well informed via a strong compilation of publications, news alerts and daily electronic news:
- All AHMA members receive the weekly edition of The Hard Fax: Home Improvement Industry News, the leading source of online daily and weekly news for the hardware/home improvement industry.
Members also receive The Hard Fax International: Home Improvement Industry News from Around the World, which is also a weekly report.
- All AHMA members receive the new weekly electronic edition of the eAGLE, a content-rich publication providing the industry’s most complete package of timely information in a modern, attractive format.
- Breaking news is posted online as it happens.
- The AHMA Home Improvement Industry Confidence Index is a monthly indicator of the economic health and “mood” of the industry based on a survey of AHMA members. Much the same as the general Consumer Confidence Index or the Home Builders’ Confidence Index, this survey reflects the current sentiment and forward-looking expectations of our industry.
Informed is Educated
AHMA members enjoy special pricing and exclusive turnkey services at major industry events:
- AHMA members receive special pricing of $250 below registration to attend AHMA’s Hardlines Technology Forum, the industry’s premier platform for learning about latest technology systems.
- For manufacturers wishing to foray into the international marketplace, AHMA hosts its Pavilion Program at two significant international shows—International Hardware Fair every other year in Cologne, Germany, and Expo Nacional Ferretera in Guadalajara, Mexico. AHMA members receive special, exclusive pricing at all AHMA / USA Pavilion Programs along with unparalleled services including business center, entertainment lounge, interpreter services, freight coordination and general assistance with international issues.
- AHMA’s Annual Membership Meeting brings together thought leaders in the hardware / home improvement industry to share robust business agendas and ample opportunities for effective interaction between members and other industry leaders.
Who’s Who In The Industry
- Know your trading partners, find a manufacturer representative, connect with fellow AHMA members, and link into current and breaking news and information in the Members Only section at www.ahma.org.
- Utilize AHMA’s Industry White Pages, a self-managed listing of professionals in the hardware / home improvement industry that you can connect with to assist in problem solving, information exchange and idea sourcing.
Industry Resources at Privileged Pricing
AHMA members receive the following special pricing offers:
- Client Instant Access—Provides savings on cost of blast email, blast fax, and telephone conferencing
- Grainger Industrial Supply—Discounts on industrial supply products
- TranzAct Technologies, Inc.—Transportation management systems
- Hertz Car Rental—Discounts up to 10%
- Avis Car Rental—Discounts up to 10%
- Vista Information Services —Marketing and sales measurement services
- Penny Wise Office Products—Discounts up to 40% on 18,000 office products
- Sterling Commerce—EDI software and electronic commerce solutions
- Stratix Corporation—Bar code systems
- AHMA Meeting Space—Book your next meeting at AHMA’s world headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois.
Online, Any Time
The Members Only section of AHMA’s website is ready whenever you are, with up-to-date news, late and breaking news, information, legislative updates, member listings, manufacturer representative listings, member services, archived publications, the hardlines industry guide on bar coding, and industry surveys and results. If it’s happening in the hardware / home improvement industry, it’s at www.ahma.org.